Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dare 2 Dream: Game On!

Monday, January 18th, 2010.
EUREKA!

The day started like so many that came before it. Around 11:18am, I stumbled out of bed (on the wrong side), put my pants on (one leg a time, like all humans), mopped up the cat pee in the hallway (with my wife’s scarf) and got some breakfast - after washing my hands (for the length of the Alphabet song, like the signs say).

There was simply no evidence that I was about to have my “Ah Ha” Moment! But, while sitting at my breakfast/random knick knack table, reading the back of a Reese Puffs cereal box…I had it.

It’s official. Reese Puffs has changed my life. Who says sugary cereal isn’t good for you?

The box had a challenge: "18 things to do before your 18". I'm 36 and still fell incredibly short. It made me realize there were many things I’ve wanted to do in life but, for one reason or another, have never accomplished.

So, I decided it was time to do something about it. But what?

I could write a bucket list? That would give me plenty of time to save the money, gather the resources and make the contacts necessary to fulfill the dreams that I have.

Good idea. But no.

I could come up with some things to accomplish before 40? That would be a shorter time frame than death (or so I hope), but still long enough to get a solid game plan together…and, it’s a real nice round number.

Better idea. But...still no.

I could create a "To-Do" list of my biggest unfulfilled dreams and attack them ALL...before my next birthday.

BINGO! Go big or go home!

Wednesday, January 27th, 2010.
Today, the Eureka moment becomes a living reality. I have assembled my "To-do" list, and over the next 25 weeks I will whole-heartedly pursue each goal. Here is how I'm describing it:


Dare 2 Dream: 18 things to do before I turn 37

“Tired of excuses, a stay-at-home dad embarks on a life-changing, whirlwind adventure to fulfill 18 personal dreams before his 37th birthday.

With a To-do list that includes, "having lunch with Ben Stiller", some people have called the entire plan "impossible” and..."sheer lunacy".
That may be, but I prefer to call it, "Daring to Dream!"

It's time to show the world that real lunacy is when you STOP dreaming, because... dreams can come true!"


I hope the journey will be both encouraging and entertaining. Would you Dare 2 Dream with me? Show your support, tell your friends and maybe even extend a helping hand! I know I won't be able to do it alone.

You can see THE LIST here

Have a good one...and DARE TO DREAM!
Timmy

1 comment:

  1. i think you should at lest give yourself until the end of the year. Its going to be close.

    ReplyDelete